You are here
Director of Professional Education
- Head of professional education on a big leading platform
- Take charge of whole business team with a potential fast growing
About Our Client
Our Client -Kaplan CITIC is a new Joint Venture between major publisher aiming to promote educational services in China and world wide.
The job responsibilities include:
1. Building cross-business knowledge & relationships
● Develop a thorough understanding of Kaplan CITIC existing operations and capabilities, as well as current strategic objectives
● Build relationships with key stakeholders within Kaplan and throughout the broader Kaplan and CITIC businesses
● Collaborate with senior stakeholders and to obtain deeper insights into the dynamics of their businesses
2. Research & analysis
● Conduct detailed competitor and market analysis based on experience and primary evidence from within the industry
● Review and analyse current systems, including operations, financial, client management and business development
● Assessment of 'state of readiness' to enter the market, including a gap analysis of what more is required
● Risk analysis
3. Establish, grow and develop the business
● Develop a market entry position for the professional education business in line with the agreed business plan.
● Manage profitability and cashflow of the business in line with the agreed business plan
● Develop and implement appropriate resourcing, system architecture and commercial model
● Lead on marketing strategy
● Establish and maintain an effective team as identified at analysis stage.
● Ensure the team understand and are engaged with their own and business priorities
● Set a timetable and process for review of the three year strategic plan, and advise on redevelopment in the lead-up to the next planning review
● Manage the three year strategic planning exercise as well as other scheduled and ad hoc planning and review activities
● Meet all planning and document deliverables in an efficient and timely manner
5. Communication & engagement
● Contribute to the communication of strategic objectives and plans to senior managers and employees
● Report to the JV Board on a monthly basis
6. Regulatory environment
* Ensure full compliance with national, international and professional body regulatory framework at all times
* Ensure that Kaplan IP is protected with the utmost rigour
The role will, in addition, require the successful candidate to have a flexible approach and it is expected that the role will transform as the project matures. As the business requirements change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the employee.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should be:
Essential Skills :Self-motivation and drive.
professional education business:Build relationships with a range of key internal and external stakeholders, including senior leaders within the business, IT, business development, external clients. Deal effectively with constructive challenge.
Analysis:Applies financial knowledge to business risks/opportunities;
Change Agent:Participates in and drives change
Leadership:Establishes vision and manages goals to fulfil it; inspires others to see the vision and their part in it; Problem Solving & Execution:Plans and executes projects effectively; Establishes priorities and measurements;
Team work:Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities; knows when to take a leadership role and when to follow; Listens to others and values opinions;
What's on Offer
Attractive compensation package on a new platform with great potentiality future