You are here
- Will be the company representative with the JV company
- Large team of Operations and Sales professionals
About Our Client
My client is a leading Logistics and Forwarding organization with customers around the world. With multiple business lines this role will be within their Mining and Energy BU which has customers both domestic and foreign. They are doing very well in the current market and will be continuing to grow over the coming years.
As the Deputy GM, you will be running a large team of Operational and Sales professionals. With key clients in China and Africa, you will be responsible to ensure that Project Cargo is delivered in the right time and with the necessary quality of cargo. With very large pieces of equipment being moved around, you will need to ensure that the transportation suppliers that you chose are able to get these products to their correct destination. You will also need to build up relationships with the organization's JV partner and understand how these relationships with State Owned Companies work. Other areas include:
* understanding exactly what the client requirements are and ensuring a great service is provided.
* going to visit the customers in locations such as Africa and to ensure a smooth relationship as well as driving new business.
This will be a challenging position but will give you exposure to the very senior members of the organization. You will be key in making critical decisions for the business and have a key role in the development of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have experience of managing large teams of operational specialists as well as having a good understanding of the sales side. You will have worked within Logistics and Forwarding companies and be an expert within the Project Cargo area; have the ability and experience in forwarding large scale machinery used in the Mining sector. Other attributes include:
* experience of dealing with JV relationships, having also worked for both foreign and domestic companies.
* fluent in both English and Mandarin
* very good stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to challenge in the right way.
* experience in Project Cargo is a must.
You will be a very passionate candidate and will be looking to drive your career forwards in a very well respected company.
What's on Offer
This is a senior level role and one that will give you the chance to travel around the World, dealing with the companies foreign customers as well as domestic.