You are here
Commercial Manager, China
- Global leading frozen food company
- Senior leadership position
About Our Client
For over 40 years Farm Frites has dedicated itself to an ongoing programme of specialist development in the breeding, selection, processing and packaging of potato products. Now, in many countries, we are the undisputed experts when it comes to frozen and chilled potato products.Farm Frites leadership position has been realised thanks to an unrivalled passion for quality. We expect to retain it by continuing to build on the values that have made Farm Frites what it is today: a truly global force. A vital link in the chain that starts with the potatoes of Europe, the Middle East and South America and ends on the plates by consumers all over the world.
Farm Frites was founded in 1971 as a family enterprise, which it remains to this day. An enterprise built on deceptively simple-sounding rural values such as purity, authenticity and agricultural abilities. An enterprise committed to care for the natural environment and to concern for the human side of business. An enterprise determined to serve the interests of customers, consumers, farmers and employees alike. An enterprise that has always fiercely pursued a single-minded long-term vision, and has maintained consistency in strategy.
The job is part of the Sales Department and reports hierarchically and functionally to the Commercial
Director APAC. This role manages the commercial department in a specific area, works
closely with Central Marketing, Finance department, Order Entry and the Demand Planning
department with respect to all commercial activities in order to achieve the commercial targets as set
in the business plan.
-Translate (in cooperation with Marketing and Sales country/sales) the business plan into
activities and targets;
-Instruct and coach the own commercial area force to help them realise the business plan;
-Taking decisions and gather solutions which lie outside the competencies of the commercial
-Monitoring the cost budgets, both OPEX and local marketing activity;
-Set up a report structure and KPI's together with the Customer Service manager, to follow the
progress, results and the financial development, to analyse and act according to the results of the
-Establishment of the annual and multi-annual business plan for the area to realise sales volume
and net sales value of all products according to the insights and objectives of the Board. In
particular attention for development of FS;
-Realisation of the targets (final responsibility), set in the demand plan, of the volume and marge
for the area;
· Development of and keep in score of an adequate system of service, following through, relation
management, product management, etc. in close cooperation with the Sales country manager,
Marketing, Customer Service, etc.;
· Coordinate possibilities and insights with the Commercial Director APAC
The Successful Applicant
· Professional and intellectual abilities at higher professional education level;
· Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and PR trends;
· Knowledge of the Farm Frites policy's, the targets and the commercial strategy;
· Product and sector knowledge;
· Sound financial (budget) understanding;
· Knows how to negotiate;
· Knowledge of management skills;
Appreciation area: Communication
· With the Commercial Director APAC on the nature and progress of the tasks;
· With direct reports on their findings and results;
· With other Area Directors about sales strategy and for sharing information;
· With Marketing for planning and executing marketing plans;
· With Customer Service for KPI's on sales;
· With customers about negotiations, contracts, etc.;
· Hold commercial meetings and negotiations, and sign agreements with customers.
· Knowledge of the mother tongue and the English language for easy co-operation with all Farm
Frites employees and customers.
· Responsible for a team of employees more than 20 ppl within the entire area.
Organization core values
· Integrity: The extent to which a person consistently and sincerely expresses his/her personal and
professional principles and values and acts accordingly at personal and professional level.
· Responsibility: Acts on the basis of personal opinions outside the functional scopes, can make a
realistic assessment and accepts the consequences. Points out the relevant responsibilities to
· Working in team link: The ability to actively co-operate with colleagues and support them to
achieve a joint, optimum result and to contribute to a positive working climate within the group.
Function-specific competences: The behaviour which shows the employee is successful.
· Independence: The ability to manage ones own time, actions and means efficiently, taking into
account external influences.
· Negotiation: The ability to reach an agreement while realising optimum mutual interests/targets.
· Social skills: The ability to interact effortlessly with other people at any level. Easy approach to
other people and sociable way of making and maintaining contact.
· Commercial focus: Is well-informed about the business possibilities and acts accordingly.
Executes activities which lead to the most optimal results.
· Team leader behaviour: The ability to coach and manage a group and to realise and maintain cooperation.
What's on Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity for any individual that enjoys working as part of a high growth and dynamic international working environment within a market leading frozen food organisation. The compensation will consist of base pay, discretionary bonus and other company benefits. With plans for continued growth in the region coupled with the businesses significant and sustained track record of growth, the selected candidate will enjoy ongoing career development opportunities.