You are here
Client Services Manager (Securities Services Products)
Exposure in a multi-cultural environment
Outstanding opportunities for continuous professional development
About Our Client
Our client is an emerging markets-led and financing-focused business that provides tailored financial solutions to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide.
The current hiring team is the newly migrated Client Services team in Securities Services (Fund management, custody services etc.) unit. Career development track is promising. Those who would like to seek mainland China exposure and at the same time to join a promising platform are welcomed to apply.
1. Client services will cover the entire range of securities services products as below:
- Accounting & Valuation (Book-keeping, production of NAV for funds and portfolio valuation for asset owners)
- Trustee services
- Global custody services (Settlements, Corporate actions , FX, Cash management, account opening in various markets as HSBC global custody supports clients for investments in 88 markets currently)
- Value added products like Compliance monitoring Performance Measurement (risk analytics/attribution), Middle office services (trade matching, collateral management, securities lending)
2. Day to day operational queries / service issues from clients can pertain to various issues including:
- Custody: Follow up on trade status, corporate action payments/ notifications, execution of FX/ cash management positions, account opening requests in various markets, call backs, daily Trade Status Report/Canned report delivery
- A&V: Queries in relation to NAV calculation, expense accruals, delivery of standard and bespoke reports
- Transfer agency: Subscription/ redemption orders processed for the month, KYC status on the underlying investors KYC, timely distribution of reports to investors etc.
3. Candidates will mostly be assigned to focus on a sector or two. Sectors will be:
- Asset Managers sector - Traditional Funds
- Asset Managers sector - Alternative Funds
- Insurance sector
- Public sector (includes SWFs, Central Bank and other government entities)
- Banks and Corporates
The Successful Applicant
* Sound knowledge of the securities industry and global market infrastructure and ongoing developments. Good understanding of some of the products across accounting, valuation, global custody, banking services, fiduciary duties, administration of unit trusts and mutual funds
* Awareness of market and industry developments and how these will impact client relations, including technology changes
* Excellent written and spoken English. Cantonese and Putonghua is desirable
* Good stakeholder management; interacts with Ops team, sales team, external clients, project teams, product teams. Able to maintain a good working relationship with clients
* Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits + opportunity to work in a large financial institution + dynamic and international working environment!