You are here
Chief Operating Officer
- Opportunity to manage a team of 1000
- Responsibility for 5 separate business units
About Our Client
My client is a Multinational organization with operations across 26 different countries. With 5 distinct business sectors, this diversification along with specialization in their own right, has enabled them to continue growing at a very rapid rate. This also ensures that, for the right candidate, the opportunities for progression are endless.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will be the critical point for driving best practice operations within the company. Based in Weifang, you will be responsible for areas such as Port Management predominantly, as well as having 5 GMs reporting to you in different BUs such as Water Management and Cargo Handling. Detailed responsibilities include:
1. Port Management: responsibility for dealing with Cargo Handling across all different commodities including Chemicals, Ceramics, Coal, Cotton etc. You will be driving the strategy to ensure the smooth movement of all of these goods and ensuring that the capital expenditure such as trucks and cranes are being used in the right way.
2. Logistics strategy: looking at the distribution network connecting to the Port and understanding the smooth transition between these different areas.
3. Aligning with Corporate: due to the seniority of this role, you will be the link between the China business and the Corporate Board members.
This is a critical role and one with very high exposure, not just I the organization but in the wider industry and will allow you to really drive your career forwards.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate, you will have operated at a very senior level within either in the Port or Logistics related Industries. Having managed large teams of professionals in the past, you will be able to demonstrate actual examples of how logistics operations have been improved under your leadership. You will have worked in Foreign owned organisations and have a strategic overview but with a real knowledge of how things are done. Other key requirements include:
* Native speaking Mandarin with excellent English skills is a must. You will be reporting into an English speaking MD.
* Experience of running operations within a Port will be a great plus but not essential.
* Working in a very complex organization structure with multiple Business Units.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to work at a very senior level in a growing organization.