Business Development Manager, East China
Great career opportunity to join the prestigious professional body
To head up East China business to develop multiple channels
About Our Client
ICAEW is a world leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports more than 147,000 members worldwide. We provide our members with knowledge and guidance, and ensure ICAEW Chartered Accountants are meeting the highest ethical and technical standards. As financial experts we act in the public interest offering insights into business and the economy that help to shape government policy and regulation.
- To represent the ICAEW to government bodies; business, practice, training organisations, universities and other appropriate organisations in the region.
- To promote the ICAEW qualification and increase ACA membership through pathway.
- To manage and promote the ICAEW to universities to achieve the growth in student numbers and member pipelines.
- Develop academic partnership to grow the brand awareness in the academic circle in China, actions including develop top university partnership on curriculum embedded, academic research, students membership etc.
- Manage the entire academic network, including contact information, co-events management, academic seminars and summit meetings promotions.
- To keep abreast of business issues facing the region, ensuring that the ICAEW is made aware of issues that will impact on our standing and development in the region
- To identify thought leadership opportunities which will enhance our reputation in the region, liaising with Technical Strategy department to ensure an appropriate responseTo promote ICAEW faculty and academy work including False Assurance.
- To manage ICAEW/SNAI/Inspur big data centre daily liaisons.
- To develop/provide a range of services to ICAEW members in the region.
- To provide monthly reports on activity, issues of concern to members and opportunities for the ICAEW.Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
The Successful Applicant
Extensive experience of business development ideally within a professional services/ financial services sector and/or experience in an educational environment i.e. EMBA/MBA programmes with leading business schools.
Resourceful and result driven
Excellent negotiation and project management skills
Good presentation and public speaking skills
Familiar with Chinese social media marketing
Ability to work independently
Fluent in Chinese and English
Frequent travel needed
What's on Offer
This opportunity is looking for talented, bright individuals who will understand and fit the organisation culture, work hard, demonstrate passion, boundless energy and the desire to have fun. This role reports to executive level and offers exciting opportunity working within a dynamic, progressive organisation that is looking for someone who really wants to make name for himself/herself within one of the fast growing industry sectors in China currently.
Your commitment and passion to drive sales will be rewarded with a lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities, growing a business new in China. Training and development will be provided to ensure full understanding of the business from both a global corporate and local level. This will be a career developing opportunity for the right candidate.