You are here
Assistant Sourcing Manager -Top 5 Medical Device Company
- Medical Device, Sourcing
- direct sourcing, consuming products
About Our Client
Our client offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including textile, sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open surgical procedures. Our client as a pioneer in medical device development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery.
* Assist customers with material and process selection for purchases, locating and selecting suppliers for purchases per category strategies, negotiate prices, develop and administer contracts for strategic suppliers, develop strategic suppliers, develop and improve large spend category strategies and major business processes such as business continuity and supplier selection to deliver annual improvements in total cost, quality and service, and support sites as needed.
* Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes.
* It will be expected for the Sourcing Specialist to keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
* Seek to improve capabilities of the supplier base or key business processes and report performance data for assigned categories or key business processes.
* Communicate, monitor, and aggressively manage compliance with the sourcing strategy or business process. It will be important to establish close working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, operations, marketing, quality) to ensure full understanding and support of strategic sourcing perspective to key processes.
* Track and manage the performance of suppliers and ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed.
The Successful Applicant
A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Engineering or Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, Operations
* An advanced degree is preferred
* A minimum of 3 years Manufacturing experience is required, with a minimum of 2 years of Medical Device industry experience is preferred
* A Certified Purchasing Manager is preferred and experience with purchasing, materials, or supply chain is desired
* Effective knowledge in Sourcing procedures, Purchasing Controls & Supplier Selection Processes, Supplier manufacturing processes, Production systems & logistics, Database management, Quality Systems, Negotiation & Contract law, Statistical methods, and Project Management is preferred
* Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent English written, oral, and presentation skills.
What's on Offer
Career development opportunity
Solid internal training courses