You are here
APAC Tax Manager
- APAC scope with overall tax including tax compliance and tax planning
- Great company culture and competitive compensation
About Our Client
Our client is a leading automotive supplier with global business in over 30 countries. Their business is growing steadily in the previous quarters with the effort of over 30,000 employees world wide. They have great company culture and enough space for your long term career development.
1.Tax planning- Responsible for providing pro-active tax advice to business units and functions with respect to operations in China. This includes analyzing relevant tax law as it applies to the business, doing primary tax research, negotiating with local tax authorities, and reviewing and negotiating legal documents. Responsibilities include identifying tax risks and opportunities related to new investments, acquisitions and joint ventures in China as well as advising business units on tax aspects of their current operations in the country. Job scope includes preparing and communicating written and verbal tax advice and working with Business Unit managers and controllers, other functional groups and the global tax function to implement tax planning advice.
2.Tax compliance - In addition to tax advisory work, also responsible for tax health check of China entities and providing support to tax compliance projects.
Deal with China income tax and indirect tax audits, and work with other members of the China finance/controlling Department, and business units.
Provide tax education and training and serve as source of tax information for BUs and functions through periodic meetings and training sessions.
Review the monthly tax account reconciliation report from each entity and follow up the correction if necessary.
Review group transfer pricing documents of each entity.
Support all intercompany service contract development to control the overall TP risk
Prepare the statements and explanation letters which are used for submission to tax bureau, in tax consultation cases.
Administrate HNTE affairs in each plant of China
The Successful Applicant
1. Above 5 years' working experiences in tax function. Demonstrated and thorough knowledge of (1) Chinese tax law, regulations, and administrative practice, (2) international tax treaties and OECD tax principles, and (3) current trends in assessing practice and level of inherent tax risk in China, (4) Accounting knowledge
2. Fluency in verbal and written Mandarin and English is a requirement. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
3. Good team player and able to deal with issues in a decisive manner.
4. Ability to work independently and without close supervision. Able to respond quickly to requests from management and business units, and prioritize a large number of projects. Must have the ability to understand, evaluate, and apply complex technical concepts in the context of commercial realities.
5. Must have high ethical standards.
What's on Offer
Clear career path with competitive compensation