You are here
- Law firm
About Our Client
Our client is a global law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers in 19 offices across the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America.
* Responsible for daily routines (billing, payments, receipts,
journal entries, etc.).
* Playing a liaison role between the partners, secretaries and the
accounts team as required.
* Ensuring compliance with any local rules and regulations.
* Providing orientation to new employees to ensure the Firm's
policies and procedures are complied with.
* Monitoring receivable status and preparing outstanding bill
summaries when required
* Answering enquiries from partners, secretaries and global
* Monitoring the cash flow and preparing cash forecasts for cash
funding from headquarters.
* Reviewing financials and preparing annual budget for
* Performing monthly closing including expense estimates and
reconciliation of bank and other ledger accounts.
* Liaising with bank and local CPA firm to ensure compliance
with PRC Accounting & Tax Rules.
* Preparing revenue reports and reviewing the work of local
CPA firm for local tax filings (i.e. VAT, IIT, FEIT, Annual
Audit, Tax Verification); ensuring regulatory requirements are
met with accuracy.
* Working with external payroll consultants and local CPA firm
on preparation of the monthly payroll.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum of three years' experience working in a similar finance
position in a law firm or professional services organisation.
* Demonstrating skills and experience in finance and accounting
* Organising projects and systems related to Finance departments.
* The ability to problem solve, be innovative, organised and detail
* Ability to prioritise work and resolve issues.
* Strong written and spoken English and Mandarin, and
demonstrating good communications skills to interact
professionally with people at all levels within the firm, with clients
and outside vendors.
* High level working knowledge of CMS Aderant/Elite and Chrome
River would be an advantage.
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, etc.) and Outlook.
* Demonstrating ability to work under pressure with frequent
interruptions and tight deadlines. Willingness to work additional
hours as and when required to meet deadlines, especially during
the year end push.
* Diplomacy and flexibility
* Ability to exercise good judgment
* Professionalism and courtesy on a consistent basis
What's on Offer
Highly exciting accountant role in a world famous law firm with stable working environment and generous salary.