Java Software Engineer
One of the world's largest financial and banking services company
Supporting global businesses in an English working environment
We are one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around millions customers through global businesses. With around thousands offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Role Purpose / Description
The job holder will have to perform the following duties:
* Develop analytical skills to resolve problems and incidents of varying complexity to the Group's production environments;
* Accurately capture and analysis computer performance measured against agreed targets to identify service shortcomings and agree appropriate solutions;
* Implement day to day user account administration and application maintenance;
* Build up a basic understanding of the business model;
* Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, SOX circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour;
* Build an excellent rapport with users and 3rd party vendors and gain an understanding of business flows and business requirements;
* Participate in the testing, implementation and roll out of new system versions;
* Maintain a good working relationship with other IT personnel including developers, business analysts and overseas IT managers.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
* University graduate with a degree in computer science or a relevant discipline
* Good communication skills, and problem resolution skills
* Ability to work under pressure, and have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations
* In depth knowledge of standard office tools e.g. excel
* Basic understanding of Linux/Unix scripting and SQL scripting with a good knowledge of IT infrastructures
* Knowledge of FIM protocols and Oracle/Sybase would be very useful
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English/Cantonese/Mandarin
- Experience in one or more areas of Unix, Linux, MS-Windows and Scripting.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English communication skills (frequent communication in oral English with other parties will be required).
- Work under pressure.
- Find logical solutions to problems and manage to resolution. Able to response to production problem with good sense of judgement between escalation and further investigation.
- Understand and attain technical knowledge from on the job experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Be pragmatic and flexible with an open minded approach to dealing with teams with differences in terms of geographic location, language and culture and relationship and proximity to the users.
- With experience in GB&M products, application systems production support, Perl. PL/SQ, Control M,, XML and HTML would be added advantage.
- Attractive reward package including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and health care with family cover
- Cohesive team working environment
- Flexible working hours and great work life balance