Head of Sales Asia
World leading business in precision measurement industry
Huge growth potential and competitive compensation package
My client is one of the world's leading engineering and scientific technology companies, with world leading expertise in precision measurement industry. The company supplies total solution used in applications such as F&B;, chemical and petrochemical industry, working deeply with global F&B; giants such as Coca-Cola and Danone.Headquartered in Europe, my client owns subsidiaries in Germany and USA, UK and also in the APAC regions, covering a large scope of the global market.
Reporting directly to the group CEO, the Head of Sales Asia is a key member of the executive leadership team. He/she will play a significant role driving my client's Sales in China, Central Asia, and South-East Asia to ensure client's lead in the global marketplace. He/she will think strategically about the architecture of my client's sales organization in his/her region. He/she will be responsible for the growth of the Chinese and Asian customers and Distributors' sales network, organization budget, Forecasts, Booking, Backlog, Billing, timely delivery of products according to agreed delivery conditions, and prompt collection of payments. He/she has the direct responsibility on Key Accounts head-quartered in Asia. He/she has also the Technical Customer Services responsibility making sure that the service analysis, the technical support and the maintenance respect my client's standards and satisfy the customers' demands. He/she will propose sales network development and local strategic alliances, enabling the development of the Company in the Asian region. Last, he/she will ensure that the financial and human resources are respecting the legal and fiscal rules / laws applied in China as well as the other regional countries where we operate and that the shared values and the working principles of my client are respected at all time.
- Developing a cohesive long-term plan for my client's Asian sales organization and distributors' network.
- Developing sales with Chinese and Asian Key Accounts in Food and Beverage market and establish my client as the leading supplier of sensory solutions in customer production lines.
- Building a team within my client's Asia subsidiary, to meet the needs and expectations of our regional customers either directly or via subcontractors or distributors.
- Leveraging current Asian opportunities both within the organization and with external partners and subcontractors.
- Assessing and prioritizing investments in the region for marketing, technical support, and manufacturing support, so that my client can remain ahead of its competitors and best serve its clients.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a seasoned Sales leader with a successful track record of key account and sales management, distributors, network management and Asia Pacific logistics for a market leader and global supplier of metrology instruments. He/she will be a recognized authority in the laboratory instrument industry.
The ideal candidate will have also demonstrated excellent communication and networking skills to secure commitment and buy-in from various parts of previous organizations. An international experience in Asia, USA or Europe will be welcome.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
- Technical and Functional Excellence: He/She will possess a deep technical understanding of current and future trends within the function and be capable of developing and articulating a strategy that leverages new technology to support overall product evolution. He/She will possess the ability to develop ideas and technology concepts into commercially viable solutions as well as a strong track record of executing ideas and customer portfolio roadmaps. He/She will also have a good understanding of instruments using analytical chemistry, fluidics, electronics, mechanical and software. The ideal candidate will provide professional sales methodologies and be able to apply them with sales teams and distributors as required.
- Commercial Acumen: He/She must demonstrate an ability to think beyond the technology itself to product/market fit and will understand key business drivers that ensure technology investment will provide substantial value or improvements to customers and shareholders. He/She will possess a strong customer service mindset and mentality of delivering quality products and services on time and within company cost and profitability objectives.
- Collaboration and Influence: He/She will have clearly demonstrated an ability to influence and work closely with a variety of constituencies, both internally and externally, as well as the ability to develop strong organizational relationships based on mutual trust. He/She will possess the ability to influence and work with others to focus on new strategic directions that result in new product strategies, new manufacturing approach, and new commercialized products. He/She will also possess the natural ability to collaborate with internal business leaders and technology leaders to create value.
- The ideal candidate will have to travel across the sales region and to Europe or USA as necessary to support a global sales organization.
The company offers a senior management role which enables candidate to utilise his/her talents in the field. While at the same time, attractive package is provided for the best person to fit in. You will enjoy joining a fast growing and developing team.