Commodity Manager/US Top Manufacturer
5 years global commodity management experience
People caring culture with career development opportunities
About Our Client
Milton Roy is the world's largest manufacturer of controlled-volume metering pumps that set the industry standard for performance, accuracy and durability. Since 1936, Milton Roy has concentrated its scientific, engineering and production resources on the development and manufacture of equipment that accurately control fluids ranging from water to high viscosity polymers, corrosive or abrasive chemicals, toxic substances, and other difficult pumping elements. Headquartered in Houston, TX with manufacturing facilities around the world, Milton Roy continues to exceed the expectations of its customers by responding to and anticipating the challenges faced by industry. For more than 75 years, customers have relied on Milton Roy's expertise and technological innovation to provide customized pump solutions for any application. A brand of Accudyne Industries, Milton Roy is the force in pump technology.
- Collaborate strategically with Business Units (BU's) to understand their business requirements and priorities for specified commodity categories.
- Execute actions and cost reduction activity resulting from the Goal Deployment Process (GDP)
- Identify, maintain and prioritize a "funnel" of opportunities
- Support Cost Reduction Implementation Plan actions (led by BU owners) to successful completion
o RFP, Supplier selection, Business case construction (if investment is required)
o Business lead for contract negotiations (partner with Legal), and contract awards
- Agree measurement processes and verify expected benefits are achieved. Construct countermeasures if benefits do not meet plan
- Administration of supplier contracts -establishment & renewal
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned commodities
- Identify new suppliers and own the relationship with key incumbent supplier's
- Include dual sourcing for identified component families
- Support BU driven new product sourcing plans
- For Key Suppliers - Ensure formal Quarterly Business Reviews are held, specifically to discuss Supplier Scorecard Data (cost, quality, delivery, lead-time…) and create action plans for any gaps
- Articulate strategic direction and areas of focus
- Engage with Site Purchasing organization & understand individual Country and market dynamics
- Maintain a strong link to site needs, aware of site specific supplier performance requirements (cost, quality, delivery, lead-time…).
- Work with Global sourcing team management to understand global material commodity pricing and its strategic effect on component pricing
- Understand in detail the cost build up for key purchased parts
- Work collaboratively with site Supply Chain Manager and Supplier Quality Manager to continuously improve supplier delivery performance and component quality
Primary managed commodities include: Castings, fabrications, machining, motors, Seals, fittings, electrical, molding, hoses
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, engineering or a related field.
- Five years of experience in casting and fabricated items sourcing and supplier development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in support of new product development and value improvement initiatives.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the casting, fabricated items commodity in its varied forms.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands drawings, specifications, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Problem analysis and resolution through root cause analysis, development of alternative solutions, and implementation of best practices.
What's on Offer
Life & Disability
- Basic Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Coverage and Long-Term Disability Coverage
Additional Benefit Options
- Health Savings Accounts with Company Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation days each year so that you can enjoy time away from work.
- The company provides employees with several paid holidays, when our offices are officially closed for business.